Job no: DCARQ
We are looking for an experienced Service Designer to join Digital Arts Network in Auckland! DAN is an established strategic design and innovation agency in Auckland and, recently, Wellington. Our sister company, TBWA, is a global brand and marketing network, long established in New Zealand. We work across some of New Zealand’s largest public and private sector organisations, including ANZ, Suncorp, Countdown, NZ Police and MSD.
Who we are
When people ask what it’s like to work at Digital Arts Network (DAN), the answer is not simple. There is no such thing as routine. One day you will be brainstorming ideas for a product or service, the next day you might be crafting a working prototype to help communicate a new concept.
We have an extremely diverse team working on a range of projects. DAN people come from a number of different backgrounds, from analytical to artistic and from conventional to unconventional. Bringing this incredible talent together is what makes our clients come back and new ones knock on our door. Together, we help our clients build profitable brand and innovation strategies grounded in evidence. Our job is to find truth, distil it, and bring it to life in a way that can change things for the better.
We are looking for a strategic, creative thinker with a minimum of 5 years of industry-related experience to join the DAN team. The successful applicant will play a key role in using human-centric design process to envision, design and execute compelling user experiences across channels and platforms (digital and physical). As such, this role requires an entrepreneurial, can-do attitude.
Working on team-based projects with experienced strategists, researchers and other designers, you will thrive in creating project deliverables that help define success criteria through iterative design processes. You will be involved in all stages of a project, from user insight and validation, to handing over final artefacts such as wireframes, annotated visuals, journey maps and prototypes that helps bring concepts to life.
You have a passion for creative thinking and own a portfolio of beautifully crafted work and ideas reflecting your experience in design compelling experiences.
You are able to express ideas for how things look and behave, and you can translate emotional and practical needs of people into compelling design concepts. You can tell engaging stories about users and products to support your work.
- Hacker / maker mentality
- Visualise and create quality concepts (for both digital and physical channels) with strong commercial awareness
- Apply design thinking to create compelling user experiences
- Confident and assertive manner – proactive and self-motivated
- Desire and ability to think creatively and solve problems, turning insights into effective interventions
- Seeks to learn about other disciplines and work collaboratively on projects and other internal initiatives
- Excellent attention to detail and project control skills
- Excellent written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Interest in positioning DAN as a leader in the marketplace by, for example, contributing to company blog posts, social media, white papers and presenting at industry conferences
- Emerging proposal writing skills and attending pitches (this can be an opportunity for development)
- Use design principles and insights gathered from user research to conceptualise, design and communicate compelling solutions
- Proficiency in visual storytelling to communicate the design intent. For example, you just don’t show a mock up screen of a user interface you created, you show an image of a person’s hand using the screen to highlight a particular feature
- Have a ‘build to think’ approach to problem solving, visualizing and embodying concepts to demonstrate and test them at the appropriate level of resolution, from paper to working prototypes
- You are an advocate of Agile, even if you haven’t used it in practice before. Digital skills are a plus: being able to design and craft delightful user-centered interfaces across mobile, tablet, desktop and other platforms
- Team player (this is critical to fit in with DAN culture)
- Ambitious and committed
- Hardworking and flexible (especially in relation to fieldwork)
- Enthusiastic and down to earth
- Deeply engrained common sense
- A positive, happy presence in the office
- Good sense of humour
We are interested in only top performers who are ambitious, driven and want to get ahead and make a real impact on the industry and the work we do for our clients.
If you are interested in this role, please apply ASAP or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Published on 07 May 2021, 6:36 PM