Job no: AEFCM
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Specialist to grow our client footprint in the Wellington market. Digital Arts Network is an established strategic design and innovation agency in Auckland and, recently, Wellington. Our sister company, TBWA, is a global brand and marketing network, long established in New Zealand. We work across some of New Zealand’s largest public and private sector organisations, including ANZ, Suncorp, Countdown, NZ Police and MSD.
This is an exciting time for us. In this role, you will primarily be driving new client engagements through your network, leading the engagements by articulating our value propositions and differentiators, then working with the team to shape the campaign, project, or programme approach. Secondly, you will be spending time in our existing key account within the financial services sector and supporting the delivery and evolution of our design practice alongside established client relationships.
DAN's core offering is in experience design, product design, strategy and innovation, and TBWA is a global leader in marketing, brand and communications. We believe that an understanding of the value of these two complimentary propositions will be key to excelling in this role.
We expect that you will also act as the translator between TBWA/DAN and the marketplace, ensuring that we continue to evolve our service offerings to align with what you are seeing in the marketplace. As such, it is a strategic role - one that is based on relationships, authenticity and a desire to deliver the best for our clients.
This role is instrumental in our growth plans for the Wellington region and will be working with our small team in our studio in central Wellington. The key result areas are identifying and engaging new business leads, as well as unlocking opportunities and revenue from existing clients.
We are currently running a hybrid model of in-studio and work-from-home. The Wellington team is a small, senior group of design and strategy practitioners. If you are a personable, motivated Business Development Specialist that is passionate about building client relationships in design and digital, we would love to hear from you.
- Identify new clients that are likely to be a good fit for our value propositions, initiate contact and build relationships in key positions.
- Provide new business leadership by being driven, self-directed and engaged.
- Understand clients’ business structure, goals and strategies to identify and develop opportunities.
- Provide strategic advice and support to the client through stakeholder engagement, understanding of the business environment and articulating the value that we bring.
- Engage with senior members of the client team and be a trusted advisor to them.
- Partner with the wider studio leadership and delivery teams to create consistently excellent, strategically relevant work that adds our mana as an organisation.
- Be the translator between the evolving needs of the market and the services that we deliver to enable us to remain sharp and focused on our propositions.
- Co-create and co-manage marketing and campaigns that help build our visibility and brand equity.
- Although a relevant qualification (Tech, Business, Design, etc) would be good, previous experience in a similar role is much more important
- Knowledge and experience of business and account management processes and activities
- Working knowledge of design and marketing principles, processes, and practices to understand how our propositions and activities deliver client value.
- Experience in dealing with public and private sector organisations in Wellington.
- Ability to master and maintain a working knowledge of the client’s business, competition, and industry trends to become a trusted advisor to our clients.
- Confident and focused team-player that is empathetic and easy to work with – we are a collaborative, human-centred organisation with no room for outsized egos.
- Excellent writer with the ability to create clear, concise, professionally written documentation.
- Ability to instil trust and confidence in clients through presentation and communication skills and styles
We would prefer a contract role for this position initially, with the right person moving to a full-time role.
At Digital Arts Network, we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion stand at the core of our ability to deliver compelling work. It benefits our employees, our services and our clients and we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We welcome applications from diverse cultural groups and lived experiences, knowing that this will always lead to higher quality, more relevant and more innovative work and workplaces.
- Published on 07 May 2021, 6:31 PM